Wednesday, March 3, 2010

What makes the world turn around? In custom we trust

What makes the world turn around? Moviestars, nobelprice winners or all those twitterers or buzzerers that unrestingly check out 24/7 the newest news, hottest applications or greatest blogs? No!

What does? Who do? It's you and me! It's our daily routine on our normal days that keeps the world going. Day in day out. Week in week out. Year in year out. It's the string of all those normal, routine and nothing special days that keeps the economy going, feeds wars, elects politicians, launches moviestars and breeds nobelprice winners.

Without "custom" our species could not eat, drink, reproduce, live and die. 'Homo sapiens' would halt on planet Earth if we keep on putting questionmarks on everything we eat and drink. Food is nutritious. A road brings us to our work. Tonight I'll sleep in my own bed in my own house next to my wife. My kids will return from school. Tomorrow I'll talk to my colleagues. If I send an e-mail to a friend he/she will answer me back. The glider I'm flying with will bring me back to the ground after flying for a few hours.

Spoiled and poisoned food? Pitfalls in the road? Collapsed houses after an earthquake? Kidnapped kids? Colleagues who die in a car accident? Unanswered friendships? Crashed gliders? Ofcouse all that happens but those things can only happen because we are customed that they will not happen on normal days. It will only happen on abnormal days. In custom we trust.

And all those twitterers or buzzerers that unrestingly check out 24/7 the newest news, hottest applications or greatest blogs? It's routine, normal and nothing special too if you check out the newest, hottest and greatest day in day out. Week in week out. Year in year out. Custom!

1 comment:

  1. You are right about the custom things that make the world spin. It's because of the custom, we can enjoy the special things in life.

    ReplyDelete