Wednesday, April 27, 2011

So what

Romantic? You too?

I know I'm too romantic on this but I would have loved to live in the stone-age. Yesterday I visited with my kids this museum: http://www.historisch-openluchtmuseum-eindhoven.nl/. The kids loved the milling of grain. I was impressed by the smell of woodfire and ingenuity of timber joints.
It must have been a though time. Simple. Though! Minimal energy consumption and a modest attitude to nature. Our species not in the center of creation. A difference but no gap between our species and the other animals. 

Virgil (70-19 BC) 'The Eclogues' (Eclogues 1):
"Yet here, this night, you might repose with me,
On green leaves pillowed: apples ripe have I,
Soft chestnuts, and of curdled milk enow.
And, see, the farm-roof chimneys smoke afar,
And from the hills the shadows lengthening fall!"

I know I'm a dreamer. So what?

P.S. Picture is an impression of the Vlaardingencultuur 3500-2500 BC

No comments:

Post a Comment