Thursday, April 27, 2017

Letter with Cflr1flr2l

Did you know that I talk to my chicken while feeding them? It feels for me that they completely ignore my talking. Three weeks ago one of our four hens died. It feels for me that they completely ignore her death.

C⚘🎕l:

Pretty down to Earth those Ancient Egyptians. 'Gold' for them was a picture of a 'necklace of gold and pearl'. When they want to talk about 'electrum' or 'silver' they add a 'was sceptre' or 'mace'. 'Bronze', 'copper' and 'metal' are not clear to me. 'Iron' was literally 'iron from the sky' or 'metal of heaven'. Read: coming from a fallen meteorite of iron.

The 'Sinai' peninsula was 'country of turquoise'. Turquoise is a blue-to-green stone (better: mineral). Lapis lazuli is a deep blue stone (better: rock). Both of these blue stones were used in the death mask of Tutankamen.


Did you know that for the Ancient Egyptians ... 
  • silver was more precious than gold?
  • gold was a divine and indestructible metal associated with the sun? 
  • gold had no economic importance and was only used for it's limited Royal and religious use?

I repeat. Gold had for the Ancient Egyptians no economic importance. It was only important for their religion. Gold as divine, indestructible and (color of) sun. With their eyes we are supposed to "see" sun and not a huge pile of money.


P.S. I wrote on value of silver before in blogpost 'Treasure Virtually Unknown' (April 2013).

No comments:

Post a Comment